posted Nov 3, 2014, 9:14 AM by Powell Jones, Department Head
updated Nov 3, 2014, 9:14 AM
THE CEREMONY WILL BE OUTSIDE, SO PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY.
The schedule for the morning will be altered, so please be aware of the following information.
- Students with period 1 spares are asked to go to the library at 10:18 a.m. to participate in the HALO pre-ceremony presentation.
- At 10:45 a.m.all students will proceed outside to the North field with their teachers, and our entire school community, for the Remembrance Day Ceremony. Please stay with your class.
- Students must be dressed appropriately for the OUTDOOR CEREMONY that will last approximately 20 minutes.
- All other areas of the school will be closed or out of bounds from 10:18 a.m. until the ceremony concludes, outside, at 11:20 a.m.
- After the ceremony, there will be an 8 minute break, then students will return to their 1B class for attendance and instruction until the usual lunch hour dismissal at 12:06 p.m.
- Please remember to to turn off all electronic devices, and store them out of sight for both the pre-ceremony HALO class and the ceremony (including the processional outside).
We are always proud of Harry Ainlay students' good character and we know that you will all conduct yourselves with the gravity and respect appropriate to this important Canadian tradition.
Poppies will be available in the rotunda all week. Please support our veterans by donating and wearing your poppy.
The schedule will be as follows:
9:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. – 10:18 a.m.
Break (class change and get warm clothing)
10:18 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
HALO & optional lesson (period 1B students, not homeroom)
Students will proceed with their teachers to either the West doors, North West doors, or the North East doors and out to the North field. PLEASE avoid going to your lockers.
Students will return to their Period 1B class after the ceremony where attendance will be taken.
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Processional outside to the North field.
11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
Remembrance Day Ceremony
11:20 a.m. – 11:28 a.m.
11:28 a.m. – 12: 06 a.m.
Period 1B instruction
Period 1 instruction and/or discussion